NANOWRIMO Character Writing Tips



Welcome back! Today's post is all about writing meaningful characters. This post was inspired by NANOWRIMO (National Novel Writing Month). For those who don't know, NANOWRIMO is a month-long event that takes place during the month of November. The goal is to write 50,000 words in one month. If you are like me, and you prefer tracking your writing by pages, that equates to about 200 pages. It definitely is a big project, but absolutely is doable. When you think about it, that means you will be writing 6-7 pages per day.

This year, I am trying to reach my goal of 200 pages by the end of November. I have been writing a novel for about a year, and I am hoping that this event can help me to finish by November 30th. *Fingers Crossed*

Character building is an incredibly important aspect of writing any story. So to help my writing friends out, I have compiled a list of my top ten tips to consider when writing your characters.


  1. Who are the most important people to them?
  2. How do they make friends?
  3. What do they want to achieve?
  4. What are their regrets?
  5. How do they see themselves?
  6. How do they handle conflicts and stress?
  7. What places are important to them?
  8. Are they emotional or logical?
  9. How do they celebrate or treat themselves?
  10. What would break your character?

If you would like to know more about my in-depth thoughts on the topic, I invite you to watch my YouTube video here: NANOWRIMO - Creating Your Characters

Thanks so much for stopping by! I'll see you next week! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to Madison's Reading Corner

BookTube Newbie Tag